Monday, May 11, 2009

Color brought to life

Recently while on the computer I came across the website of Poras Chaudhary. Chaudhary is a photographer who captures some amazing pictures in his country of India. He began his career as a photogapher in the 2000s and since has captured amazing images. Though all of Poras' work is fascinating one gallery of his caught my eye. It was of the festival of Holi in India. Before seeing Chaudhary's website I have never heard of Holi and so I reasearched it. According to the website religionfacts.com, Holi is the celebration of the coming of spring. Its a holiday rejoycing in the diverse colors of the springtime. The wesbsite also states the following "Holi also commemorates various events in Hindu mythology, but for most Hindus it provides a temporary opportunity for Hindus to disregard social norms, indulge in merrymaking and generally "let loose." The main intriguing part of Holi is the things the people take part in. During the two day celebration, people all around through colored powder and water to make a color explosion.
Though to know the real expeirence of Holi you would have to be there the pictures do say a thousand words. To me its like art is coming alive, color is moving and interacting. I feel that the color is simply awesome. I would love to partake in a celebration of such proportion. Altough it might seem stupid to be throwing powder at your friends its not, its a celebration of friend and color. The people celebrating let go and move with the events. To me it seems like a Intriguing holiday for and even more intriguing culture.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is beautiful and fascinating. Excellent job, and I do not think in any way that it is stupid to throw powder at your friends.

    Grade: 4/4

    ReplyDelete