Monday, April 6, 2009

Mad about "Mad Men"



 "Mad Men" is a Emmy award winning television show that airs on AMC. IT revolves around the life of men who work at an advertisement company in New York City during the 1960s. More specifically is centers around the life of on ad man, Don Drapper. The show deals with the temptation of the other sex in the workplace, troubled marriages, and the troubles that come along with the business of advertisement. Don Drapper, the main character, is on of the leading ad man at the company Sterling and cooper, he has a wife and two kids. Don, an avid smoker and drinker frequents sexual relationships with other women than his wife as do most of the other married men in the show.
 The show is historically accurate to the era it takes place in. While watching the show you feel like you were thrust into the 60s which make the show so realistic. Its al well written and I think that it's an hour better spent than watching mindless reality t.v.  The show makes you wonder if this was truly like the life of a business man in the 60s. I think this show deserves a lot of praise for the clever story lines and interesting characters. While watching the show I feel like I never want it to end.  Although many kids might not be interested in this type of drama I think they should give it a try. I believe one episode is enough to  convince you to peruse watching the rest of the season. "Mad Men" has quickly become one of my favorite shows and its easy to start watching at any point but I would advise people interested in actually watching the show to rent the first season to catch up.

1 comment:

  1. I've been meaning to watch this, and your blog has inspired me. Nice.

    Grade: 4/4

    ReplyDelete